Monday, January 6, 2014

messy messy










In a way it is quite a messy day!  It is 1:45 Egypt time and I haven't really gone out of bed! Well, I did, but then I went again to bed... and this makes me feel immediately 2 things: Bad Girl/ Wasted Day:(
This pattern of thought has been so recurrent especially in the last couple of years, that I should be terribly bored by it.  And as I tell my son when he is late "either you say sorry and deal with it, or manage your time better".  I definitely might use a bit of my wisdom!

In addition to all the little silly gremlins above, I have also this feeling inside that since I ...well talk about happiness and positivity so much, I should not fall in the trap so often, or at least if I do, then I should use some of my mentioned tricks to actually manage and enjoy getting out.  Otherwise, it reminds of me of the Arabic saying that "the carpenter's door is broken".

So, let us explore, and use this messed up day as an experience for both me and you (if you are not bored to death yet). the day is messed up.  I have not gone to work.  Nor have I gone to the shopping mall, that I so much wanted to go to.  Nor, have I went to do my driving license that the police officer have gently taken from me to draw my attention to the fact that it has expired around 2 months ago!
My son has a swimming and running training today at 5, which is 3 hours from now. 

So, plan B or C or D or whatever can go as follows:  prepare lunch, do the stuff I want on the laptop; I need to write a brief about my company, have an assignment to work on, and a project to initiate with a group. And then, by 5 or 6 I can still go to the mall and buy all the goodies, I want.  Actually I am dying to buy some decorative stuff for the house.  You know those wall paintings with inspiring stuff, or metal work with words on them like : "why wait?" and "all you need is love" and it might seem naive , but I love those stuff and it makes me happy. I actually believe in the positivity that is emitted from positive quotes. And I would like to include some sports in the day. We'll see.

In my previous blog "diaries of a soul miner" which turned into my first book "The Yellow Raincoat", there is a post called "brand new day" and it talks about our ability to outsource and create and mix ingredients to create a new lovely day...and though it is past noon, I have actually done some good stuff (like this new blog, I hope) and will have some fun with my son, Hassan now.

So, mission accomplished.  Day hopefuly saved, like Powerpuff girls! and mentioning them, you know what they are made of? sugar and spice and everything nice plus an accidental spill of the chemical substance X!  and guess what I am pretty sure we have that too:)

Turn your day around if it is  a mess...and enjoy like hell if it is going as you want...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment