Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Like the sea...life is



Yesterday was an awful day.  I tried all my tricks.  I wrote in my blog. I used (or actually tried to) the switch (mentioned in the book, which is basically a switch in my head that I use to see things with a different frame or from a different perspective).  I kept resisting the bad mood, and the many many things that pecked on me.  I felt actually like a little piece of old bread pecked by little birds from every place... and tricks or treats ( I did eat chocolate), I failed. 

The day was plain bad.  Of course, there were those nice moments, when I cuddled with my son. Others when close friends were on the phone.  Others, when I went back to reading the book I recently got "Assertiveness for earth angels"...those were nice.  But overall, that was definitely not my day.

Today is different.  It is as if the Tsunami has subsided.  The anger and fear that shaped the lining of yesterday has been substituted by acceptance, faith and peace. 
 
Usually when I get stressed, I get angry and nervous. In my book, I wrote "anger or SOS"; and yesterday my yells mingled with my tears and I did not know which was which.  I guess I felt worried, I would not be able to do all the things I have to do.  I felt afraid to be unable to live the life I want and live up to my purpose.  I felt once again for the millionth time that I cannot give up the responsibilities/ dreams/projects I have and yet, I cannot either do them all. And there I was...sort of stuck amid the layers of everything.

Today is different.  I feel grateful for all the things I have been given; my family, my friends, my brains and my heart...my crazy soul :), the book, you, my reader, the words, the alphabets, the sun outside and the ability to - everyday- live...

and may sometimes, I just have to accept that it is a bad day...and that it passes.  Acceptance is not surrender here.  I do not want to bathe in a tub of bad mood, it's just that sometimes acceptance - without surrender - makes life easier. 

And I feel today that life and I are like the sea...sometimes the waves are too angry and strong...spitting out vengeance on the innocent swimmers... and sometimes peaceful, gentle and inspiring.  Life is like the sea...and so am I.  I am not a lake.  I am not a lagoon.  I am a sea. 
This reminds me of Mohamed Mounir's song " I adore the sea". 

He says " I adore the sea..like you my love, very tender...and like you sometimes crazy...
Sometimes like you wondering....and sometimes angry...
Sometimes laden with patience...I adore the sea
I adore the sky...because like you, it is forgiving....planted with stars and joy....beloved and strange...and like you far away....and sometimes like you close to me... with eyes full of tunes...
I love the sky...
I love the road...because it is where we met..."

I can go forever in that translation...when I translate, I really listen with my heart to the word and they show me a different depth and tenderness that do not always manifest themselves when you just hear a song.

Anyway, I am attaching the link here... enjoy the song...enjoy the sky..., the road...and the little bumps in it :) enjoy the life...the sea...and the different colours of your days and of yourselves...
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialUltrasMounirian
 

No comments:

Post a Comment